Choosing the right media converter can seem somewhat complicated. To help you decide if you need a media converter and if so, what type is best for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I concerned about distance?
- Am I concerned about interference?
- Do I need to move large amounts of data from point A to point B?
- What kind of network protocols do I need to support?
- Do I need management capabilities or can I do without them?
- What type of security concerns do I have?
And do not forget, before you select the media converter that is right for you, think about what network requirements you will have in the future. It is always wise to think ahead.